Thursday, September 30, 2010

PARTNER SONG DISCOVERY

I am such a nerd, but I just spent 30 minutes of my prep recording these songs on my clavinova and singing them with the piano and found all these great combinations of partner songs for 16th notes and pentatonic pitch set! I think this is the coolest thing ever!!!

No one's in the house but Dinah + Ding Dong Diggi Diggi Dong (2 times)

A section of Dinah + A section of Rocky Mountain
B section of Dinah + Kansas Boys

A section of Dinah + Ding Dong Diggi Diggi Dong (1 time)
B section of Dinah + Kansas Boys

Ding Dong Diggi Diggi Dong (2 times) + Rocky Mountain (whole thing)
Ding Dong Diggi Diggi Dong + Kansas Boys (2 times)

These are such simple folk songs and it's so cool that they combine together so well! If all of this is gibberish to you because you don't know the songs, let me know and I'll work on trying to scan the music or something! It's so nice to have a place where I can share my nerdy music teacher enthusiasm!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on Dinah and Diggy dong but not Rocky Mountain or Kansas Boys... yee ha! You're great.

    ReplyDelete