Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Help! iPod Touch in the K-5 Music Classroom

My district's music department is starting an iPod Touch pilot program in which teachers will be given 8-10 iPod Touches per classroom to explore the possibilities. In order to participate, I have to submit a proposal detailing some of the plans I have for this new technology. I have some ideas, but they are pretty elementary in concept (no pun intended). I'm hoping that you smart teachers will be able to offer advice on the following questions:

1. Have you experienced, or do you know of, any good apps that would would be good for elementary music?

2. I have class sizes anywhere from 21-35 students, but would only get 8-10 iPods. How would you distribute or share these over the course of a class period?

3. How would you use this technology if you had it? What subject matter, or types of lessons would you use this for?

4. One of my biggest concerns is that it would be more of a behavior management nightmare (checking email, downloading and playing games, etc.) than an educational tool. Any suggestions for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment